At CP Shades, “what you see is what you get”. The idea has always been about natural fiber, garment dyed clothing with soul—the ones you reach for again and again. 40 years onward and our vision has stayed the same; producing easy pieces that become favorites using 100% renewable solar energy on the Sausalito waterfront in the San Francisco Bay Area.
As we cut, sew, and garment dye all by hand— our process creates special and one-of-a-kind pieces. Garment dying reverses the process of production. Each piece starts out white or an unwashed state and then dyed or washed at high temperatures. This method of dyeing preshrinks and softens which gives product a lived-in feel that feels effortless and comfortable.
• We are committed to producing as sustainably as we can to lessen our ecological footprint. Below are a few of the ways we are implementing this philosophy.
• We use 100% renewable solar energy to manufacture.
We ship our online and wholesale orders with minimal packaging. Orders come wrapped in tissue paper, without excessive plastics. We use linen bags to transport product to our dye house that we reuse repeatedly.
• We utilize corozo nut buttons rather than plastic as a more ecofriendly alternative.
• We have partnered with One Tree Planted and together we have planted 1 tree for each piece of clothing sewn since August 1st We hope you will consider planting a tree for yourself or a loved one. Please click here to learn how to get involved
• We are proud to participate in the 100% Committed Campaign through The Climate Reality Project. Find out how you can pledge to help your community, school, or business shift to renewable energy by clicking here.